09 December 2022

825 Days

Big Rock, Foothills County (photo by V.A. McMillan)

 825 Days

Today marks 825 days of active participation with my online education with the Justice Institute of British Columbia. Today also marks my last day of studies, for now. In the next couple weeks, the final assignments for my last three courses will be evaluated and graded, and then I should know for certain that I have achieved the required grades to finally earn my degree.

Study Space (photo by V.A. McMillan)


My study space has changed three times at home, plus another while I was away on a work term. My current space (photo above), will likely endure as my home office, depending on what type of employment I am able to secure. It is a comfortable and functional space with sufficient bookshelves to keep my reference library close at hand. Moving my whiteboards and adding a large whiteboard will make projects a bit easier to keep organized. Not too much has changed since the start (https://mtnmanblog.blogspot.com/2019/01/building-study-station.html).

While the last four years of being a full-time student have been enjoyable, I do look forward to getting back to earning income. My library has increased a bit. I have learned a few new writing styles and some I will try to maintain. I like the BLUF formula (bottom line up front), as this seems very useful for writing in a business environment where time is money, and decision-makers need the answers first and how you arrived at those answers later in the document.

Until next time…if you are not getting ahead in life,

Re-evaluate the situation and make the necessary course corrections!!

 

Mountainman.





No comments:

Post a Comment