16 December 2017

Micro Smoke Grenade Single Pouch


Single Pouch for EG Micro Signal Smoke Grenades
I have found a new (to me) product to recommend. The Enola Gaye Micro Signal Smoke Grenades. EG25's. (www.enolagaye.com/product/eg25-micro-smoke-grenade/) These very compact signal smokes are available in seven colours of smoke: red, green, blue, yellow, purple, orange & black. With a 30 second burn time. Pretty good for such a small device.

The primary use I can see is for signaling for help when lost, injured or in a motor vehicle collision requiring an air ambulance. 

A secondary use I can see is part of your Bear Safe kit when hiking in the Rockies. Wild animals in general do not like fire and animals generally associate smoke with fire. So, I can see deploying one of these Micro Smokes before having to resort to your bear spray or firearm. A 30 second burn should be an effective method to delay a charging grizzly so you can access your bear spray or firearm from their holster or scabbard. 

Single Pouch with Flap Open

To facilitate a quick response and deploy your Micro Smoke, you need to have your grenade very handy. To this end, I have designed a single micro smoke grenade pouch. 

This pouch can be mounted on a belt or on a shoulder strap of a rucksack be means of a belt loop and a belt loop that has hook & loop tape to fasten around almost any object or strap. (Photos at the bottom of the post.)

Side View of Single Pouch
Like I said these devises are compact: About 1" in diameter & a bit over 4" tall. Weighing less than 1 ounce (28 grams), there is no reason not to carry one when you venture into the back country.


Plans for the Single Pouch

So, if this is small and light enough to carry when hiking, why not add a few to your vehicle safety kit. Highway flares are great for getting attention at night and these Micro Smoke Grenades can achieve similar results during the day. If, you ever encounter a crash on the highway, a signal smoke sure would help the pilot of an air ambulance quickly locate and assess conditions so they can land faster.



I work off some pretty simple plans and I share so you can build your own gear. I may replace this one later when I can get a better quality scan. For now I hope this helps.

So, until next time....find new gear and make it better.

Mountainman!!
Belt Loop on Back (Closed)
Belt Loop on Back (Open)

3 comments:

  1. If you’re looking for smoke grenades at best deals. Then Gender Reveal Party Supplies is best choice for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GRPS,

    Thank you for posting a link to your site on my Blog. I have checked out your site and the prices do seem very good. Only, one question: is your company located in Canada??

    I do not know your company, but for now I will leave your link as my readers may find it helpful. If, any of my readers notify me that they are not treated well by your company all your posts will be removed.

    Mountainman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to buy purple smoke grenade at affordable rates, then Gender Reveal Party Supplies is right choice for you.

    ReplyDelete