15 July 2017

STEEMIT.....The Future Right Now

STEEMIT - Recognize it, Join it
Mornin' All,

This has been a big learning year so far for me. I have expanded outside my comfort bubble of blogging on Blogger and have learned to build my own website with a little help from WIX.com. Then, I became educated on WICKR ME messaging and now I am off to be a pioneer user of STEEMIT. 

Even after a few days I still am not 100% sure how to explain STEEMIT dot com....but, I will do the best I can with what I have learned thus far. Understand, I could be wrong and if I learn I have written anything incorrectly, I will post an update to acknowledge the new information I have found. So, the short answer is STEEMIT is a social networking system where the users control the direction. 

The first competition that STEEMIT will surpass will be Facebook. The primary reason for that is FB uses the users to earn advertising income for FB. On STEEMIT, the users earn their share of this income. Of course, this income is paid in cryptocurrency and through a process it can be converted to fiat currency or to your PayPal account. Please, go to STEEMIT to learn more about this part, I still have not had any personal experience in this part of the system.

So, I believe I should offer a bit more of what I do understand or can surmise from my first few days of exploring STEEMIT. This is new technology, break edge technology. But, like any other system of knowledge or technology - it has to start somewhere. There is a financial component to this as well, and those who get in at the start are most likely to see the greatest return for their participation and time invested. But, STEEMIT is greater than just financial gain.....this is a place for the exchange of ideas, knowledge, and wisdom. A place where those with great/good ideas will thrive and those who are pretenders, plagiarizer, cheats, thieves or soulless scoundrels will be corrected by the crowd or driven from the site. So, trolls and shit-disturbers will not likely find a comfortable stay on STEEMIT.

So, who is currently on STEEMIT.......I would say the 80/20 rule applies here. 80% of the current users are very tech savvy - programmers, coders, and probably a few hackers, too. This 80% is needed to get this working and working well. I assume due to the security measures I have been through, that security is designed by those who use their skills to defeat security protocols.  The other 20% is made up by thrill seeking explorers who have to be first on everything, they make up say 15% and the last 5% is the group of everyday users who just happen to get invited early. I put myself in this last group. I am too far removed from the cutting edge of tech to be a creator at that level. However, I have been around long enough to recognize a glimpse into the future and know I want to be on that ship as it sails.

That ship is about to sail, I am now on-board. This is what I see for the future of this trip.....this tech is about to reach the tipping point. The tipping point is when this new technology becomes main stream - like FB, Instagram, Pinterest, Tripadvisor, etc, etc. From an investor point-of-view, the tipping point is when the profits start to rise for the pioneers who are there at the start. In less than 3 years from now the numbers will change, 80% of the users will be everyday joes and 20% will be the tech savvy. 

So, if you want to be a part of a social networking and don't want some billionaire to get richer on your hard work, then you owe it to yourself to get in on the ground floor of STEEMIT.

The signup process is longer but more secure than most social media sites. You will need an email address and a phone that receives text messages. Take your time to select a user name, your account is linked to it. This site wants new material to be posted. Slow and steady is what I am learning is the best approach. Read more than you write. Be polite to other users. Exchanges ideas or points-of-view but do not come to change the world to accept only your point-of-view.

I am using a business persona on STEEMIT and thus my user name: @satasco2017

I hope to see you on the other side. Here is the link to STEEMIT:  steemit.com

Until next time.....embrace technology,
Expand your comfort zone!!

Mountainman.

No comments:

Post a comment